SBI Student Credit Card, SBI or State Bank of India is a public sector bank. They offer various credit cards for different needs, so anyone can get them. And now SBI bank provides a unique credit card for students. This student credit card by SBI is a great initiative for students who really need this.
This student credit card is designed to make life easier for students. It offers many reward points on every transaction with exciting benefits. Here in this article, we will discuss all about SBI student credit cards.
To get an SBI Student credit card, you need to fulfil the below criteria,
- The applicant must have a fixed deposit in the SBI.
- The applicant’s age restriction starts from the age of 18 years.
- The student needs to have an education loan.
Documents needed for an SBI Student credit card
Here is the list of documents that you need to keep handy at the time of applying for an SBI Student credit card,
- Identity proof such as
- Address proof such as
- A copy of the education loan statement
- A receipt copy of your fixed deposit with SBI bank
- Student ID card
Also Check :
How to apply for an SBI Student credit card?
To apply for an SBI Student credit card, you can do in two simple ways, online or offline. For offline, you need to visit the nearest SBI bank branch with all the mentioned documents.
There you need to fill out an application form and after filling out the form you need to attach all the necessary documents and then submit it to the bank officials.
For online application, you need to follow these steps,
- Go to the official website of SBI bank
- Click on the SBI credit card option
- Choose the SBI student credit card option
- Now click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Fill all the given boxes with the correct information.
- Update all the necessary documents. Click on the submit option.
After that, you will get an application ID in your registered phone number and in the email ID for further reference.
How to check the application status of the SBI Student credit card?
To check the application status of your application, you can go to the official website of SBI bank and go to the track my application option. Then put the application ID which was sent to your registered mobile number after completing your application online.
And then you can check your application status. Also, you can call the SBI credit card customer care number- 1860 500 1290 / 1860 180 1290 / 39 02 02 02 (along with the local STD Code prefix)
Features and Benefits of SBI Student credit card
- Get benefits at the time of cash withdrawal
With an SBI student credit card, you can get the facility of a higher cash withdrawal of up to 80%. Apart from that, you can also withdraw cash from any ATM across the world with the help of this card.
- Fuel benefit
When spending between Rs. 500-3000 on a fuel pump, you will get a fuel waiver in a surcharge of 2.5%.
- Annual fee waiver
In case you spent more than Rs. 35 000 in a year, the annual fee of your SBI Student credit card will be completely waived.
- Easy balance transfer facility
SBI offers an easy balance transfer facility from one credit card to another. It means if you have any other credit card from any other bank and needed an urgent balance in your account, you can use this facility. By using this, you can transfer any amount of balance to your other credit card at a very lower rate of interest.
With the help of an SBI student credit card, you can get the advantage of FlexiPay. Where you can convert all your big bills into smaller and easy EMIs, which you can pay very easily and quickly.
With the help of this student credit card, you purchase anything from outside of India, as it can be used in over 24 million outlets around the world. And in India only there are more than 3,25,000 outlets available.
- Apart from the above benefits, you can also book rail tickets with this card, and you can use this card to pay all your utility bills.
Fees and charges of SBI student credit card
Each and every credit card comes with its own fees and charge structures. The Same SBI Student credit card also has its own fees and charges.
As this card is designed for students, that’s why the fees are very different from any normal credit card, so let’s check out the fees and structures of the SBI Student credit cards.
- There is no such joining or any other fees applicable in the first year.
- After a year, the renewal fee will be Rs. 500. But in the cardholder spend more than Rs. 35, 000 a year, then the renewal fee will be waived.
- Every month, finance charges in this credit card are 2.25% of the total bill amount.
- There are no such annual fees or Add-on charges applicable with this card.
- In case of card replacement, there is an amount of Rs. 100 charged.
- Late payment fee range between Rs. 100 – 750, depending on the amount of the bill.
- In case of cheque return or dishonour, there is 2% of the total bill amount will be charged.
- If the card limit is over, then either 2.5% of the total bill amount or a maximum of Rs. 500 will be charged.
- For foreign currency transactions, it costs 3.50% of the total bill amount.
- For cheque pick up, you need to pay an amount of Rs. 90.
- In the case of each statement retrieval, there is Rs. 100 charged.
- For charge slip retrieval, it costs Rs. 225 for every charge slip.
- If your card is lost, and you needed it urgently, then you need to pay an emergency card replacement charge of amount Rs175. For reward redemption, there is a charge of Rs. 99 will be asked.
Can I get SBI credit card as a student?
Can 18 year old get SBI credit card?
Is credit card available for students?
Which credit is best for students?
SBI bank has come up with various credit card ranges for their customer’s different needs, and at this time this SBI Student credit card is a unique option for students, who really need this.
The review of this credit card is very positive as there this card comes with attractive reward programmes and other benefits. Hope this article will clear all the queries about SBI student credit cards, and now you can apply easily.